Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions are in place to ensure we maintain a safe and fair working relationship between Civil Training Licensing New Zealand and our customers.
These terms and conditions have the following expressions and meanings:
- WE and US and OUR refers to Civil Training Licensing New Zealand Limited which will be also now be referred toas CTLNZ.
- YOU and YOUR will refer to you as the trainee or customer of CTLNZ
- Services – meaning any training course or assessing provided by Civil Training Licensing New Zealand Limited.
CTLNZ is NQZA accredited and a Connexis registered assessor
All prices are subject to change without notice.
All prices are in New Zealand dollars and include 15% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Costs for training and licensing are established for each course to reflect the following:
- Course Costs: The cost to deliver the course including any training materials and equipment required.
- Credit Registration: Any additional costs associated with the course to register NZQA Credits
Verification of Competency and other onsite assessing will be charged at an hourly rate.
A mileage fee will also be applicable.
All customers will receive a confirmation of their registration via e-mail for a course with CTLNZ.
Registration is not confirmed until payment has been made.
Payment terms are strictly pay prior to the course date, except where a commercial account has been approved, payment is then required 20th of the month following the date of the course.
When registering for a course the conformation email with contain all the details required for you to make payment. It is recommended that payment is made promptly as paid registrations will be given priority.
Account holders will be invoiced after delivery of the course and payment terms and prices are based on prior arrangements with management. CTLNZ reserve the right to withhold any of loading of qualifications or certification documents until payment is made.
Should a customer wish to postpone or cancel attendance on a training course, 5 working days’ notice is required prior to the course date.
Where notice is given less than 5 working days but at least 2 working days before the course start date, 50% of the total course fee will be refunded.
Any postponements or cancellations given with less than 2 working days’ notice will result in full course fees (100%) being charged.
CTLNZ Directed Course Cancellation Policy
Occasionally CTLNZ will need to reschedule a course or cancel a course. This may be due to trainer availability (sickness bereavement etc), venue availability or low course attendance for example.
While we do our very best to provide a minimum of 48 hours’ notice, from time to time the notice may be as little as 24hours. We will arrange for an alternative time and date for attendance and should you are not able to attend on are scheduled day a full refund for the course will be provided.
Where a start time for a training course is provided, this is the actual start time. Times are given to ensure that the learning required for the course can be delivered in the time specified. CTLNZ hold the right to refuse entry to any attendees that do not arrive on time.
Course Materials and Required Reading
Course material will contain pre-course reading and in some instances course assessments. The will be sent as a link in your registration email. Please ensure that and any assessment is completed prior to the course start. This is to ensure you have sufficient knowledge and will be able to complete the required assessments.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser of the service to distribute the learning material to the course attendee’s prior to the delivery of the course, in a time frame to allow attendee’s to complete the required reading and pre-learn assessments. Courses that include required reading and / or assessment are specified in the confirmation letters.
Privacy Act 1993
If you are an individual, you have rights under the Privacy Act 1993 to access information held by us, and to request thecorrection of such personal information.
In respect of such personal information, you:
- Authorise CTLNZ to obtain personal information about you, via your registration form.
- Authorise CTLNZ to use your personal information for direct marketing and promotional activities, research and development purposes, identity verification, and otherwise in respect of the provision of Our Services to you.
- Agree that further notification to you of the purpose of the collection of your personal information is unnecessary and non-compliance with the requirements of Principle 3 of the Privacy Act 1993 is authorised.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions may be changed from time to time. All changes will be effective immediately upon posting changes on the website.
It is the responsibility of all CTLNZ customers to be familiar with the latest terms and conditions.